11.28.2007

Stripes!

So, my month in NaNoWriMo exile is nearing a close, and despite the fact that I lost much time in the early part of November in Vegas and the later part of November in Scottsdale, I think I am going to make it! Hopefully once I submit my 50,000 word crapsterpiece on Friday they will provide me with a cool widget or the like that I can post on my dear neglected blog.

Speaking of the dear neglected blog, I’ve got a new game plan: shorter, sweeter, yet more frequent posts. And with that, I will shut down my natural tendency to make a wordy and tangent-filled intro and just say…

Breaking Vespa news in from the Roommate. Gap is pairing with Vespa for the holidays and you can get this:


Which just so happens to match this:

But if you wear the latter while riding the former, I might just have to kill you. That is, if you don't die first by suffocating on your own shame.

Incidentally, that lil’ Gap number is only an LX 50 and costs $6,000. Needless to say, a regular LX 50 costs about half that amount and my LX 150 was also significantly cheaper. In addition, when your ride is based on a sweater, you risk driving around next Christmas and having everyone look at you and snark, “That’s so last season.”

Still, the Gap Vespa is pretty dang cute and makes a great stocking stuffer. I certainly wouldn’t trade it for movie tickets at a White Elephant party. Who had my name in the family gift exchange again?

6 comments:

P Daddy said...

If my last comment on your last post prompted you to prematurely break your silence, I'm glad. If it was just synchronicity, that's cool, too. Perhaps Old Navy will offer matching T-shirts and skateboards for only $1,000. Guess this is the scooter version of the Eddie Bauer Fords. Can a Martha Stewart Hummer be far behind? Maybe in prison stripes and bunk mattress ticking. Besides the Gap combo being overpriced, how would one go about finding helmet and gloves that would properly accessorize a striped scooter and top.

steph said...

seriously, that's like wearing a band's t-shirt to their show. don't be that guy.

Mrs. Dub said...

sadly, i didn't draw your name in the family sweepstakes, but i did get mr. gee. and don't you think he'd look sweet cruising with a matching sweater? it seems just like his thing!

Mary said...

So if you wore the sweater while riding the vespa, wouldn't it look like a floating head ... and hands.

And let's be honest. That would be like the coolest thing ever.

p.s. I am all for more frequent, albeit shorter posts. yeah

sara said...

Hooray for more posts! Although I do love the long ones too. They kill me every time. I find myself picking out a key graph to quote to the Mr. and end up reading him the whole thing; such wit.

blah said...

I love the combo! Just waiting for the helmet and jacket!