1.02.2009

Vespateers in Training

When it comes to future members of my scooter gang, I like to start them young. Real young. In some cases, before they are able to fully string together a complete sentence.



Enter the awesome motorized Christmas presents I got for the niece, Miss Dub (age 2), and the nephew, Lil' Gee (not quite 2), which are showcased below. They both immediately figured out how to drive, but their steering could use some improvement, as could their focus on things in front of the moving vehicle as opposed to those on the side, behind, or--in the case of certain doggie doo unfairly attributed to golden retriever Asher--underneath.




(The munchkins' real names have been bleeped out of the video, but Asher's has been left in as he is looking to increase his Internet presence.)

In addition to driving around like maniacs, the kids were kind enough to demonstrate the following scooting techniques:

Looking into the turn

Turning the scooter around like Aunt G does when nobody's watching

11 comments:

Mary said...

I CANNOT get enough of this. Let's just say that their skills border on being ... skillz.

You are one terrific aunt and I am just glad to know that your scooter gang will someday be a reality.

P Daddy said...

Between play computers delivered as random gifts before Christmas and motorized quads for Christmas, Auntie Vespa certainly knows how to spoil her neice and nephew. And Miss Dub and L'll Gee are awesom additions to the scooter gang. They may not steer straight, but at least their feet touch the ground at stops. Now how they'll do with parking garage islands remains to be seen.

Leslie said...

oh they're just precious. what a nice auntie. ;)

sara said...

Oh my gosh that's so cute. You're easily the best aunt ever!

Mrs. Dub said...

You failed to mention how Miss Dub will now find the box her car came in and chant, "Abre! Abre!" in hopes of opening it with her mind. Truly the best present ever.

Amy G. said...

Yep, Auntie G. likes to spoil these kids rotten, and let me just say that I don't mind a bit. The power quad has been a huge hit, but the Lil' G definitely misses riding with his quad gang (aka Miss Dub).

Kate said...

So cute! And I'll have to agree with the others who have said that you definitely win the "best-aunt-ever" award. Those two little ones sure are growing up! Happy 2009 to the whole S clan.

hilari said...

even though you are basically a sister, will you be my auntie?

Angy said...

they were soooo cute driving all over the park! thanks for letting me come hang out :) will you be my auntie too?!

steph said...

miss ginny - awesome, awesome gifts that made for an awesome, awesome post!

i love, love, loved watching our fave lil' ones motor around on those!

Renee said...

man...I'm sad I can't see video at work and I don't have the internet at home due to my current lack of a "home". But, the pictures are adorable! You three will be a menacing trio on the streets of LA one day.