4.03.2008

Let's Boogie

Dearest Celebrities and Would-be Celebrities and Celebrity-in-their-own-minds types who have babies or friends who have babies or frenemies who have babies or who will be having babies shortly even though society may frown on their fitness as parents:

With all due respect, I am sick and tired of reading about you and your kind traipsing over to Robertson and Melrose to publicly purchase stacks of organic baby blankets to take to your next baby shower. First, we all get invited to baby showers, even those of us who take out our own trash, and so, regardless of what your assistant may have told you, your being invited to a baby shower is no reason to prance around as if you were invited to dine al fresco on the International Space Station or something. I have a feeling your assistant was just trying to get out of the baby-blanket assignment himself, and reasonably so, because it is common knowledge that there is NO parking within a three-mile radius of Robertson and Melrose. Second, did it ever occur to you that all the other celebrities and would-be celebrities and whatnot would also bring stacks of organic baby blankets to the shower? How many organic baby blankets does one celespawn need? Third, when you combine the outrageous cost of the blankets plus the $60 parking ticket you received while purchasing them plus the opportunity cost of the three hours of your time spent driving around the block looking for a free red zone to park in plus the legal cost of settling with the bike messenger you ran over in the process, you just purchased several $3,000,000 spit-up rags for a person who can’t even sit up. Fourth, after you spilled the beans about the child’s gender by purchasing only blue blankets, you probably irked your “friend” as well. Don’t be expecting an invite to the shower for kid no. 2 is all I’m saying.

I, for one, am about to sue you myself because my eyes burn from rolling them so much at your idiocy. Sheesh. Can’t a girl just read a decent, old-fashioned tabloid article anymore about cheating spouses or “Guess who’s gay?” without having to trudge through the B-list baby blanket morass?

So here’s a suggestion: my art and business-savvy sister, Mrs. Gee, just launched a new website with unique onesies and baby artwork, littleboogies.com. They are very high-quality, yet reasonably-priced. You or your assistant can order them online from your iPhone, Blackberry, or intravenous Bluetooth connection. Many of them are not gender-specific. Be the first celebrity on your block to cash in on this trend. It’s only a matter of weeks before famous babies will shove their organic blankets aside so they can show off the trademark Little Boogies tags on their bums. Plus, my nephew, Lil’ Gee, is prominently featured on the “Clothing” page, and he’s just so fun to look at.

Best regards,
ladolcevespa

8 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

Seriously, if you don't buy some Little Boogies for your next celeshower, you'll be lucky to get invited to Melissa Joan Hart's next one.

steph said...

harsh words but so true.

little boogies will make your baby the coolest on the block.

P Daddy said...

Now, I'm so torn. Which is more brilliant--the amazingly clever Little Boogies designs and web site or the latest laugh out loud satire from the pen (or keyboard) of la dolce v. So much fun on both accounts.

leigh said...

Very cute. When are you going to have your very own website, which will offer some sort of creative, artistic thing made by you? I told you I still have the Happy Birthday signs you made me for my 19th birthday, right? (The one where you and S ran to the store really far away to get all the stuff to make cupcakes in the basement oven?) What lovely friends.

Amy G. said...

I was so enthralled in this HIlarious story (one that is so sad, but so true all at the same time), that I almost forgot that this post was, in fact, a nod to moi and my new little company. Thanks for the laughs...and the plug!

Kate said...

This is a great post. Yay for Amy and her new venture. So great. You S girls all got an extra helping of super-creativity.

sara said...

Makes me wish I still had babies to buy stuff for. And makes me wish I had a witty comment. And makes me wish I could remember those basement cupcakes... did they even taste good? Our culinary skills in those days were quite lacking, but I'm not sure it's possible to mess up a cupcake.

Love the post!

sara said...

And may I say to Amy that the website, the clothes, and the star model are all adorable!